For chess games, opening strategies are crucial as they may favor or act against the player. Therefore, several studies determine the odds and pluses of specific opening sequences.
Former World Champion Garry Kasparov created a database that had 20,000 opening sequences. Are you a new chess player? Then learn the basic opening strategies that may help you play chess online and win the game. This article aims to discuss some of the common opening strategies used in chess games.
Most Important Chess Opening Principles
If you are looking forward to being a strong chess player, you must learn the three chess principles that dominate the board.
- Principle of Development You need to move the pieces to different squares of the board to boost their fire powers, which will maximize their abilities.
- Principle of Centre-Control While making strategies pay attention to center-control. It is essential as your pieces and your opponent’s pieces will pass through the center while moving forward to attack.
- Principle of King-Safety As the king is the most vulnerable piece on the play chess online free board, it is a must to ensure the king’s safety is a priority.
Three Basic Openings
Here are a few easy opening strategies that are super-effective, and a beginner player can try these openings:
- The Italian Game The Italian game is a versatile opening that prepares for potential attacks. It consists of 1.e4 e5, 2. Nf3 Nc6, 3. Bc4. The Italian Game generally has three segments considering the response of the Black: The Hungarian Defense, The Two Knights Defense, and The Giuoco Piano. There is no need for avid learning of theories to play The Italian Game opening. Therefore, even beginners can use this.
- How useful it is It is used for center control and rapid development of your pieces. You also get a tactical upper hand and can prepare for attacks.
- The Sicilian Defense The Sicilian Defense is an aggressive opening sequence known for creating imbalances. It is a response to White’s 1.e4 aimed to take control of the center. The Black can get back to it by using the c pawn.
- How useful it is Use this opening used by Black as a counterattack against White’s pawn positions. Its flexible pawn structure and asymmetrical position can strategically create an imbalance, opening opportunities for potential attacks.
- The French Defense The French Defense is one of the most popular openings arising from sequence 1.e4 e6 is recognized as one of the oldest opening techniques that slow down the game’s speed and favors the players who are more into strategic planning.
- How useful it is You can use the French Defense to take control of the central part of the board while creating good coordination between the pawns. With this sequence, the Black gets the chance to initiate counterattacks. You can try the French Defense tactic if you enjoy nurturing creative strategies.
In chess, players use various openisequenc sces. Some of them can challenge ging. If you are a new player, openings like The Ruy-Lopez and The Slab Defense can be helpful for you.
The Ruy-Lopez opening can be used by white players to pressure Black’s central pawn. The Slav Defense is another opening sequence that tries to defend the d-5 pawn. The perfect chess app is one that allows you to practice.
Therefore, if you are a beginner and do not want to spend time learning theories, you can try the easy and basic opening sequences, which will build your confidence and give you a chance to win. You can also practice with experienced players and check their moves to understand the opening sequences better.