In today’s world, everything we see is digital, especially online. And a small part of this platform is web applications. Although developing web applications takes a lot of effort and time, some developers depend on frameworks. Not only a few frameworks nowadays; a variety of frameworks are available for backend web applications.
Laravel: An Overview
Laravel provides simple, flexible architecture and unique tools for building applications. Laravel is a PHP framework that has become among the most popular frameworks. And the reason the laravel framework is the most emerging trend is its expressive and elegant syntax, which lets the developers write clean code, test it and maintain it nicely.
A Basic Guide discussing Laravel Meaning and Facts
We know that laravel is the best framework for developing web applications. But a question must have arisen to you: what is laravel?
Laravel is an open-source PHP framework that takes care of many tasks carried out on web projects. Those tasks are server-side routing, HTML authentication, templating, caching, etc.
In June 2011, laravel was created by Taylor Otwell. It is written in PHP and based on Symfony, which offers reusable PHP components and libraries that help build website applications, along with various features such as pre-defined architecture, web portals, templates, personalized backend logic, full-stack apps, and managing SaaS products. Those applications related to content management systems use the Laravel framework because it has built-in features that simplify the process and shorten the time required for development in-app.
Factsheet of Laravel
- In India, the number of live websites currently using Laravel is 761,321.
- The top industries that use Laravel are Web Development (2710), Digital Marketing (1923), and Software Development (1845).
- 38.86 percent of Laravel framework users’ primary operating system is macOS. Additionally, 45.86 percent of users have 2-5 years of experience using Laravel.
Use cases of Laravel
- Laravel backend framework builds SaaS-based applications, web portals, APIs, and templates.
- Web application management and helps in site maintenance and feature enhancements.
- Online learning service applications.
- Design web apps combined with external plug-ins and add-ons.
- Secure application development with structured SQL, hashed secret words, and Bycript hashing computation.
Apps using Laravel
- AlphaCoders is a platform for content writers to help them connect to their fans.
- Invoice Ninja: It is an open-source solution created to help in the payment process, manage expenses, and generate custom invoices for businesses.
Pros of Laravel
- URL Routing: One of the advantages of Laravel is URL Routing, in which the feature Reverse Routing supports automatic change in routs into URLs.
- Automated Testing: Testing methods with PHPUnit enable you to test each component of the application and imitate user behaviors like clicking forms, making requests, analyzing the output, and so forth for doing expressive testing. It is simple and less time-consuming testing and is also automated.
- Traffic management: Traffic hosting can be costly by handling more requests per second in the web application if more traffic appears. To avoid this situation, the PHP Laravel framework supports a traffic load balancing system known as a message queue system. It helps in maintaining web servers and traffic management.
Technical Specifications of Laravel
Laravel is a highly used, open-source web application framework. That makes it an easily customized web application. It is used for minor to significant projects and provides quality outputs. Moreover, technical specifications like performance, architecture, scalability, testing, and database support bring perfection to building web applications.
Scalability is the ability of the system that can handle the increase in the volume of work. Laravel supports businesses that are expanding quickly and also inherits PHP’s scalability.
Testing gives assurance that your application is error-free. However, it is incredible to know the number of tools present for testing. For testing, Laravel provides tools you require to test the application in a different environment at several levels, including mock test features.
By and large:
Laravel is a suitable framework solution for web application development, as it offers advanced tools and facilities. Also, it is on the lead to using the PHP framework.