Why should you get the ADB setup download on Mac? The Android Debug Bridge is an important versatile command-line software that helps to communicate with devices. It creates a stable connection between Android devices and the computer, such as Mac, Windows, and Linux. If you always connect your Android device to a Mac computer, the ADB is more beneficial for you. After downloading ADB on your Mac devices, you can control your Android device from your Mac.
Do you want to get the ADB setup download on Mac? There are two ways to download ADB on Mac devices. Here we provide both step guides to download ADB on Mac using two methods. Is it safe to use? Why not? The ADB is a 100% secure application to use. Now let’s see more details.
1. What is ADB?
The Android Debug Bridge ( ADB) is a command line tool that allows you to communicate and control your Android devices from a computer. It will make a strong bond between the Android device and the computer. The ADB is free and you can download it within a few seconds. Likewise, it is relatively simple and easy to handle. What makes it best? Here are the answers. You can get it now.
- It is compatible with all Android, including Nokia, Samsung, Huawei, Sony, HTC, Oppo, Xiaomi, Vivo, and Amazon.
- ADB is compatible with all Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems perfectly.
- The ADB driver automatically detects the chipset of the devices.
- Free solution to control your Android devices from the Windows, Mac, or Linux computer
- Make a strong connection between the Android devices and the computer
- Supports downloading the Google ADB driver to your computer within a few seconds
- You can refresh the device list attached to the computer quickly. You can get this feature by downloading version 2.0.
- Find the manufacturer’s name and the Model Number of the gadget and display it under the description list.
2. What are the uses of ADB setup download?
- Install and debug apps.
- Install, copy, and delete files.
- Access hidden functions
- Upgrade the firmware and system elements
- Unix shell provides various commands on Android devices
- Download ADB for examines logs on the phone
- Record a video
- Take a screenshot of the phone
3. How does the ADB setup download work?
ADB contains three components. They are Client, Daemon, and Server.
- The client runs on your computer for development and sends commands through USB cables or wirelessly.
- The daemon runs commands on the devices.
- The communication between the client and the daemon is managed by the server.
The ADB driver requires the installation and execution of some parts. Hence, you must run it when you have booted the computer before communicating with an Android device. Now if you can see a message in the command prompt, that means the daemon is running.
However, if the daemon doesn’t work correctly, it starts the process and tells you where it begins with the local TCP port. You can use Android Debug Bridge commands to access those devices after the server has set up the connections to all devices. Then, it confirms the connections to all the running devices.
4. How to run ADB on Mac?
Here we provide the first method to download ADB on your Mac computer. Follow it to get a successful result.
- Get the ADB ZIP file for MacOS for ADB setup download.
- Extract the ZIP to a location such as desktop
- Open Terminal.
- Enter the command to go to the folder: cd /path/to/extracted/folder/
- cd /Users/Doug/Desktop/platform-tools/, this was on my Mac:
- Connect your device to your Mac using a proper USB cable. Then switch to “file transfer (MTP)” mode to the USB connection mode. Not always necessary for each device, but it’s best to keep it in this mode so that you don’t have problems.
- You can start the ADB daemon with the following command: ADB devices.
- Now you can see a prompt “Allow USB debugging” on your device. Allow the link.
- Finally, enter the step # 7 command again. Now you can see the serial number of your device in the Terminal window of MacOS.
5. What is the step guide to downloading ADB on Mac OS using Homebrew?
The Homebrew method is the easiest way to get ADB setup download on your Mac devices. It will provide automatic updates.
- First, open a terminal on your Mac computer. Then run the command below. It will install Homebrew on your Mac. During the installation process, it may ask you to enter a password. The whole installation process will take about 10 minutes.
- Then install Android Debug Bridge Mac platform tools from the below command.
- Connect your Android device to your Mac and run the ADB device command. To enable USB debugging, you can get a prompt on your Android device. So just enable the checkbox and tap on “Allow”.
- You should now see your device’s serial number on your Mac.
6. What are the troubleshooting tips?
Here we provide troubleshooting tips. You can follow these steps to proper downloading.
- Delete the older versions of USB drivers to avoid errors
- Get the latest version of the ADB setup download for proper working
- If the download fails, check whether you are online.
- Check the “ADB-installer.log” for installation failure.
- Some corporate Wifi networks may block p2p connections and not let you connect over Wifi. Hence, try with another Wifi network connection or cable.
- To solve ADB driver over Wifi turns off automatically reconnects to the Wifi connection.
ADB download reviews
The ADB is an important part of Android development. It helps control and communicate, copy files, run shell commands, download apps outside of the Play Store, debug apps, etc. Likewise, the software is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. You can get an ADB setup download for free. Also, it is simple and easy to handle. We have provided two methods to download ADB on your Mac devices. Try these two ways to install ADB on Mac devices.