The Rufus is open source and free portable driver for Windows Operating Systems. It only works for 64 Bitor 32 Bit Windows Operating Systems from Windows 7 to later versions. What is its purpose? You can use it to format and create bootable USB flash drives or live USBs. Can you get Rufus Download for MacOS? It is an impossible thing. The Rufus is compatible with only Windows OS. But you can download it for Mac devices after installing Windows OS to a Mac device. By creating an ISO file, you can download it for Mac, Linux, and other opening systems.
If you want to get Rufus download for Mac, you should install the Windows OS to the Mac operating system. That means you must have two operating systems installed on your Mac OS. It isn’t an easy task. The process is very complicated. Hence, you can use Rufus alternatives for Mac operating systems. These alternatives work very similarly to it.
What is Rufus 2023 download for Mac?
It is a free crowd-sourced USB bootable driver which is compatible only with Windows operating systems. But you can get it for Linux, Mac, and other operating systems by installing the Windows OS to those Operating Systems. Why should you get it? We use CDs to boot PCs and install OS. But you can’t add more than one bootable OS to one CD. Therefore, you should use multiple CDs for your computer’s boot. However, Rufus is a portable USB driver which allows you to perform more than a boot in one driver.
It helps to format a USB driver and install Operating System on a PC without a CD/DVD ROM drive. Likewise, the software is 100% secure applications to use. The software displays some advanced features than other competitive software. Hence, you can get Rufus download for Mac for proper working. Now let’s see the significant features of the software.
- It allows to format and create bootable USB flash drives or live USBs.
- Rufus Mac download for free
- Open-source and crowdsource
- To write small ISOs to an ESP
- Check USB media for blocks.
- Enhances startup time by running a background check of the ISO download features.
- Increase UEFI: NTFS compatibility with existing UEFI firmware
- Solve x86 32-bit NTFS driver. It is used for UEFI: NTFS.
- Add a cheat mode (Alt-P) ( For Windows 10 only) to convert a GPT ESP to Basic data.
- Create DOS bootable USB sticks.
- Build BIOS or UEFI bootable drivers.
- It supports free executables with ASLR
- Adds directory help to Rock Ridge.
What is the latest version?
The latest version of Rufus for Mac 2023 is 3.21 which is small in size. It supports 38 languages, including English, Chinese, Spanish, French, Korean, Japanese, etc. The newest version comes with updated advanced features. Thus, get Rufus for Mac latest version download for a successful result.
What are the pre-requirements?
If you get Rufus download for Mac, you should full fill these pre-requirements.
- Windows operating systems (Windows 7 and later versions, including the latest Windows 11, 32 or 64-bit)
- Download Rufus for Mac latest version
- ISO file
- Minimum 8GB USB flash drive
How to get Rufus download for Mac OS by installing Windows on Mac?
Before downloading the USB bootable driver for Mac Operating Systems, you should install Windows OS to Mac. Installing an Operating System to another Operating System isn’t an easy process. Sometimes it causes to damages the previous OS. Hence, be careful when you install Windows to Mac OS. Here is the step guide to download the USB driver to Mac after installing Windows to Mac devices.
- First, install the Windows operating system on a Mac device.
- Then, visit the website to download Rufus and connect your USB stick to your computer.
- The bootable driver automatically detects your USB.
- Select the USB you need to use from the drop-down menu.
- Then tap the select option after making sure the boot selection option is set to ISO image or Disk.
- The bootable flash driver will open a file explorer browser Window; locate the ISO image you want to burn onto the USB and select it.
- Then build a standard Windows installation USB portable download. It will automatically detect the correct partition scheme based on your device.
- Now provide the Volume label the name of your selection or leave it as it is.
- Once again, leave the default setting for File System and Cluster size.
- Then click the start.
- After that, you will get a warning that any data on the USB will be destroyed. Then, click OK and the bootable flash driver will begin creating the ISO image on the USB.
- You can close it after creating an ISO image on the USB. The bootable flash drive is ready to continue.
What is Rufus for Mac OS alternatives?
Beginning of the article, we mentioned that the installation of a Windows Operating System on a Mac isn’t an easy task. Therefore, you can use some Rufus alternatives as a solution for that. There are various alternatives available in the online market. The best Rufus download for Mac alternatives are UNetbootin, Etcher, DiskMaker X, etc. They work similarly to functionality.
The downloading of alternatives for Mac OS easily and quickly. The Etcher allows you to burn ISO images to USB drivers and SD cards more comfortably. It is free to use and contains an image validation feature. The interface is simple and appealing. As well as it works very fast.
The UNetbotin is a cross-platform utility. It creates bootable live USB flash drives. Likewise, it is similar to Rufus. But it doesn’t support an SD card. The DiskMaker X is specially designed for Mac OS. It automatically detects the drivers.
The Rufus isn’t compatible with Mac, Linux, and other operating systems. It runs only on Windows computers. Hence, you should install Windows to Mac OS for getting Rufus download for Mac. Instead, you can use an alternative for Rufus for Mac. It is a simple and easy process when compared with the first method.